There is a cause now we have a “Rumormill” emblem: A man-who-knows-a-guy wrote a submit on the 400Z Membership discussion board pertaining to Nissan’s upcoming rework of the Z, and if it is appropriate, the discussion board’s going to have to determine a brand new title for itself. The automobile, on this telling, will not be known as the Nissan 400Z, a moniker all of us admittedly simply assumed. It will merely be the Nissan Z.
Extra exactly, it can stay the Fairlady Z in Japan, and will likely be known as the Nissan Z in different markets.
The poster “Houston.Z35,” who says he is getting this from family members who dwell near the motion at Nissan’s Tennessee plant, has tons extra information. Which may very well be correct, inaccurate, or topic to vary. Attain in your shaker of salt and skim on:
- MSRP will likely be $34,995. That is for the bottom automobile, no choices, and presumably not together with vacation spot charge.
- All vehicles, together with the bottom mannequin, will get the 400-horsepower model of the VR30DDTT V6 that is presently within the Infiniti Q50 and Q60 Purple Sport.
- The automobile will include the identical six-speed handbook that is within the 370Z, or a Mercedes-Benz 9G-Tronic nine-speed torque-converter computerized.
- Dry weight, 3,252 kilos, which is a bit over the 370Z’s moist weight of three,232 kilos. And presumably that is for a base with handbook.
- All vehicles may even include a digital sprint, the rear duckbill we noticed days in the past in leaked pictures from 400Z Membership, and Android Auto / Apple CarPlay.
Transferring up from the bottom mannequin, you’d get:
- The Sort S, presumably for sport: Provides Brembo brakes, thicker sway bars, coolers and “different stuff.”
- The Sort T, presumably for touring: Nicer appointments together with heated and cooled leather-based seats and driver assists.
- Or the Sort ST, which is the entire above.
- The S and T will value about $5K extra, the ST about $10K.
And, if this is not burying the lede, the supply says a Nismo model will come alongside. Houston calls it a “child GT-R” … “It will not simply be a physique equipment, exhaust, tune and a few badges this time.”
Convertible? No signal of 1 for now.
Try Houston’s report on the discussion board. And shortly, we’ll see about all that.